Rising living costs are a growing concern for many households across the Island. With a large part of our household budget spent on energy bills, we’re all feeling the pinch. However, the Isle of Man Government have introduced grants, incentives and support schemes to help you take action against the cost of living and keep warm in the winter months.
SCHEMES, INCENTIVES & SUPPORT FOR HOUSEHOLDS
Claim your free energy saving kit worth £800
- Order from a list of items to improve your home energy efficiency from draught excluders, LED lightbulbs and loft insultation
- Available to homeowners and tenants, including those in local authority homes, with a combined income below £60,000 or those in receipt of benefits. See full list of eligibility terms here
- Assess your home energy needs and complete the order form to receive a voucher
- Exchange your voucher at your nearest depot for your free energy efficiency items
- An additional £525 of help is available to those in receipt of benefits including those on state pension, to pay approved local tradespeople to install specific items.
Free home energy health checks
- 90 minute home energy audit for any Isle of Man household
- The doctors start with a short conversation about your main energy usage followed by checking insulation levels, boiler settings and draughts in your home.
- Receive a home energy report guiding your household on practical measures you need to implement to enhance energy efficiency and lower your bills
- Have some energy saving items supplied, fitted and measured under the Energy Efficiency Scheme if eligible, and they can help you measure up for loft insulation.
Apply for a visit:
freephone 0808 1624 276
MEET THE ENERGY DOCTORS
Julia Erskine, Founder of 3Co Consultancy Services, and Ryan McDermott, Founder of RMD Electrical are dedicated Energy Doctors under the Energy Efficiency Scheme operated by the Department of Environment, Food and Agriculture (DEFA). Together, they have already visited and positively impacted the lives of hundreds of households on the Island, providing invaluable advice and implementing energy-saving measures. The duo has received a warm reception, and the community has greatly benefited from their expertise, with an estimated £400,000 of savings estimated in those households. Find out more about them in their bios.
"Highly professional and extremely knowledgeable, friendly and approachable. I am so grateful for all their advice"
Financial help of £5,725 for home energy improvements
- Operating in two parts the scheme first offers a Manx Home Energy Audit to eligible homes
- If the audit finds the property has an energy rating of D or below, applicants can obtain funding towards the cost of energy saving solutions and home improvements identified by the audit
- 75% funding is available for recommended works with a value of less than £1,000, and 50% for recommended works with a value over £1,000.
- Please note a phased closure of the scheme has commenced, starting 28th June 2024 for Home Energy Audits, find details here.